May 21, 2009

40 is the new 30...

As I sit here on Grand Cayman Island on the eve of my 40th birthday, I'm a bit melancholy about what tomorrow holds. For some reason I feel like it's a new stage of my life. Maybe because so much happened to me in my 30s. I can remember not too long ago when I thought 40 was so old. Of course now, I'm thinking not so much. All my friends over 40 tell me 40 is the new 30 so I guess tomorrow I'll really only be 30!

This has been a really special week, just me and Jason, relaxing and doing nothing. We are having a blast! Thanks to all our friends and family who made this all happen - those of you who kept the kids (and Zoe), had Carson over for play dates, drove him to tennis, swimming, etc. I love you all!

Blog Archive