February 07, 2008

Tornadoes

As many of you heard, Tuesday night February 5th was rough for middle Tennessee. Several bad lines of tornadoes moved through and cause much devastation. Our hearts go out to all the families who were affected. Click here to see photos of the aftermath.

We were up most of the night watching the news and at one point we had to wake Carson up and bring him downstairs to take cover in our bedroom closet. After the storms passed, we were so exhausted that we decided to let him sleep with us. The following exchange took place about 2:30 am -

Carson: "Mommy, what are we having for breakfast?"
Me: "Carson, breakfast is a long way away."
Carson: "How about donuts?"
Me: "We don't have any donuts. How about pancakes?"
Carson: "How about waffles?"
Me: "Fine, waffles it is."

Time passes, it seems like 10 minutes but it's likely only about 2 minutes.
Carson: "Mommy, can I have 3 waffles?"
Me: "Sure."

More time passes, again, it seems like a long time but it likely wasn't. I'm just not good at having a conversation in the middle of the night. Who is?

Carson: "Mommy, since I'm almost 4 years old, can I have 4 waffles?"
Me: "Carson, if you don't go to sleep, you won't be eating any waffles."

That worked - he went to sleep :o) Wouldn't it be nice to only worry about what you were going to eat for breakfast?

Blog Archive