Many of you have probably heard of the book "Love You Forever" by Robert Munsch
and even though Carson received it a few years ago from Meme and Poppy, it's just now made it into our nightly book rotation. I wanted to wait until Carson could better understand the story line and it seems that I was right to wait. 
Tonight as I was reading the story, I was very emotional about the song the mother in the book sings to her little boy,
"I'll love you forever,
I'll like you for always,
As long as I'm living
my baby you'll be."
Throughout the story, the mother sings it to the boy as he grows up and then finally the boy sings it to his mother changing the last line to "...my Mommy you'll be." I was crying as I was trying to get through the story and Carson said to me "Mommy, are you sad?"
Me - "Yes."
Carson - "Why?"
Me - "The story the mom is singing in the story makes me sad because you are my baby and you are getting so big."
Carson - "Mommy, I'll love you forever...what's the next part?"
Me - "I'll like you for always."
Carson - "I'll like you for always, my Mommy you'll be."
And that my friends makes for a very good day indeed!
To read all the words, click here.
10 years ago

