March 14, 2006

March 2006 - an update from the past month or so...

When I started this blog last year, I thought, "this is easy, piece of cake." Well, as time has told, you have to have TIME to get the blog updated. There are many times where I wish I had TIME to write more and really capture the details of Carson's growth and I'm sure I'll regret it one day but as of now, there just aren't enough hours in the day. So for those of you who expected more of me, I'm truly sorry. To see what a great blog looks like, check out Owen Stone's blog.

The past month has brought several changes to our ever busy household. We successfully moved into our weekend lake house on Lake Barkley in Cadiz, Ky which is about 90 minutes from here. I'll post before and after pictures soon...it's almost totally decorated. We are looking forward to relaxing there on weekends this spring/summer. Come visit!

Maggie has had a few seizures recently which were very scary to watch, especially the first one. We had a panel of blood tests last week and found out she has epilepsy and now takes medicine twice each day to hopefully control the frequency of the seizures. As far as how she's interacting with Carson, she's tolerating him pretty well. For the most part she stays out of his way EXCEPT for when he's eating and then she's his best friend.

Carson continues to learn new words and signs almost each day. His favorite is please which he pronounces as "peez." He does the sign, says "peez," and at the same time changes the tone of his voice to where he's almost pleading with you to give him what he wants. With all that going on, you just can't deny him of whatever it is. He's usually saying "peez" when he's asking for cookies or "coo coos." So far Carson still doesn't have a wide variety of speaking words but he does understand what you say and he does continue to try and say new words each day. Before we left for Mexico we couldn't get him to say Daddy (even though he could say it) but then when when we were away he talked about "DaDa" all the time. His favorite trick for my Mom (or BB) was to walk around the house and point to pictures of me and say "MaMa." The other big thing is to say "ah gone" about anything he doesn't want to do, want you to do, or for food that is truly all gone. A few nights ago I was rocking and singing to him and he kept signing "all done" and then saying "ah gone" which meant STOP singing now, Mom. Tonight I attempted to read to him and he did the same thing, then closed the book and say "bye bye." He didn't want to play, he just wanted to sleep.

In early February, Carson finally had a haircut. I put it off as long as I could because for some reason this was the turning point, that one thing you did when your baby was turning into a big boy and I'm just not ready for that. Here are a few pictures so you can see how it went.

In late February Carson experienced his first snow. It was our first weekend at the lake and we got about 3 inches which was just beautiful! As you can see, Carson wasn't so sure about it as he's signing "all done."Several weeks ago we went to Lexington for a long over due visit to Ashlea and Jason's. They recently finished their basement and Ashlea and I had to our usual "decorating" (read: spend money!) Since Emily is a big girl now, she really loved "loving" on Carson. We are looking forward to their visit here April 7.

Blog Archive